&
retaining program on the site - C&A Clothing Shop
2010

In 1963 the department store C&A burnt down. During construction of a new building on the same site the city allowed a temporary store to be built two hundred meters further the water behind Berlages exchange. As a result the commercial program was kept for the area. The temporary building was positioned at a site where normally canal boats were located. Because of this temporary docks were added to the building. This method of binding program to a specific site is used quite often nowadays.


S05
 

PDF
 
Kerkstraat 310
1017 HC Amsterdam
t: 020.672.4875
© 2008 na-ma architecture